Quest has just recently released a cool FREE tool, vWorkspace Desktop Optimizer. The tool contains Quests entire “optimizing knowledge”. Even though the vWorkspace Desktop Optimizer from Quest is made for vWorkspace it will also work fine on VMware View and Citrix XenDesktops!
VMware has announced that they have released a View Client for Android tablets available on the Android Market now. Here are just a few of the features found on the new client.
- A new look and feel – The View Client for Android features the NEW blue look and feel of the VMware View clients!
- Multiple broker support – If you have more than one VMware View broker in your organization, you can can easily access your desktop from all of them via the Android client
- Desktop Shortcuts – Quickly connect with as many as four recent desktop via shortcuts
- Virtual trackpad – Control your desktop on a granular level just like you would control the mouse on a laptop
- Custom keyboard toolbar – Super easy access to all of the special keys not found on the Android default keynboard
- Honeycomb 3.x support – Made from the ground up for the new generation of Android tablets
- Custom gestures – Invoke keyboard, scrolling, etc are as easy as ever and simple to use
- VMware View Security Server support (best experience) – No need to have VPN when you use VMware View Security Server
- Background tasking – Switch between apps on your tablet and come right back