VMware has released vCenter Server 6.0 Update 2 and ESXi 6.0 Update 2 (build: 3620759) which include a number of new features and fixes. VMware has also released the much anticipate VSAN 6.2 which includes it’s own bunch of new features such as deduplication, compression, QoS, and RAID5/RAID6 Erasure coding.
vCenter Server 6.0 Update 2 Features
- 2-factor authentication for the vSphere Web Client using RSA SecurID and Smart card authentication.
- Support to change vSphere ESX Agent Manager logging level providing support to dynamic increase or decrease of vSphere ESX Agent Manager (EAM) logging levels without restarting EAM.
- vSphere Web Client support in Windows 10.
- Expanded vCenter Server database support to now allow the use of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 3 and Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Service Pack 1 as external database sources.
ESXi 6.0 Update 2 Features
- High speed ethernet link support for 25G and 50G links speeds!
- VMware Host Client is now supported and comes pre-installed with ESXi 6 U2.
- vSphere APIs for I/O Filtering (VAIO) Enhancement, ESXi 6.0 U2 now supports the IO Filter VASA Provider in a pure IPv6 environment and VMIOF versions 1.0 and 1.1.
In addition to the new features of vCenter and ESXi 6.0 Update 2 there are a large number of resolved issues and security patches in this release – including the critical glibc vulnerability. Check out the complete list if fixes in the release notes below.