This is a list of tools I use or have used and found useful. They are in no certain order and are listed not only for my own benefit but anyone else looking for some useful tools.
- Acronis vmProtect: provides full integration to the VMware vCenter for backups, restores, and replications (Not free!)
- Altaro VM Backup: easy to use backup solution for both VMware and Hyper-V environments.
- RVTools: displays information and health about your virtual machines and ESX hosts
- vCheck Report: provides a daily email health report of your environment.
- Veeam Backup Suite: Free 2 socket Veeam Backup Management Suite for VMware or Hyper-V for your home or work lab for vExperts, VCP, or VCI.
- VisualEsxtop: an enhanced version of resxtop and esxtop.
- VM Advanced ISO: Free Tools for Advanced Tasks
VMware Horizon View
- PCoIP Log Viewer: collects and PCoIP server log files and real time WMI counters to provide visual PCoIP performance metrics.
- Quest Workspace Desktop Optimizer: Although optimized for Quest vWorkspace environments, the Quest vWorkspace Desktop Optimizer will work just as well in Citrix XenDesktop or VMware View environments.
- VDI Calculator: calculator for planning both Horizon View and XenDesktop deployments.
- VMware OS Optimization: helps optimize Windows 7 desktops for use with VMware Horizon View.
- Presentation Pack from Xtravirt: 350 high quality icons to superbly illustrate any virtualisation solution.
- SuperMicro Visio Stencils: SuperMicro Blades, Servers, and Storage visio stencils.
- VCE vBlock Visio Stencils: vBlock visio stencils.
- VMware and Hyper-V Stencils: collection of VMware and Hyper-V virtualization Visio stencils from Veeam.
- VisioCafe: Very extensive list company visio stencils, likely the one and only site you really need in terms of visio.
- VMware EUC and Datacenter 2015 Visio Stencil Set: VMware vSphere and End User Computing set, including application icons for Microsoft Office 2013, 2010, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- VMware vSphere Visio Stencils: Unofficial VMware visio stencils of product box shots, icons, and products.
- Bluehost: An incredibly easy way to get a new a website up and running with their one-click automatic WordPress blog install.
- CCleaner: cleans computer or VM off all system, browser, and other temp files, etc.
- DBAN: Darik’s boot and nuke, securely delete all content on a hard drive.
- Defraggler: Better defrag tool than windows, for those that still use spinning disks. (Don’t run defrag on a SSD!)
- GreenShot: is an open source light-weight screenshot software tool.
- Ninite: automatically downloads and installs selected apps. Add to Windows scheduler to keep updated.
- mRemoteNG: great tool which provides multi-protocol, remote connections manager.
- Rufus: Easily create bootable USB flash drives using ISO’s.
- TreeSize: Show disk usage per folder.