Synology has just released DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 2 which offers almost a dozen fixes as well as patches multiple vulnerabilities found throughout OpenSSL and curl. If you haven’t already, it would be highly recommended to go ahead and do so now. Below is a list of fixes in DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 2.
Issues fixed in DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 2
- Fixed an issue where SHA may fail to set SNMP UPS.
- Fixed an issue where Synology E10G15-F1 NIC may disconnect under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where Full File Clone via VMware VAAI could cause NFS protocol to act abnormally under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where the page at Control Pannel > Domain/LDAP does not respond.
- Fixed an issue where Snapshot Replication could not open normally in certain timezones.
- Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities regarding curl module (CVE-2016-5419, CVE-2016-5420, CVE-2016-5421).
- Upgraded OpenSSL to 1.0.2j to address multiple vulnerabilities (CVE-2016-6304, CVE-2016-2183, CVE-2016-6303, CVE-2016-6302, CVE-2016-2182, CVE-2016-2180, CVE-2016-2177, CVE-2016-2178, CVE-2016-2179, CVE-2016-2181, CVE-2016-6306 and CVE-2016-7052).
- Fixed an issue where system resources are not released properly after QuickConnect is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where file indexing is not triggered when files are uploaded through Samba protocol.
Also of note, this DSM update is expected to be available for all regions within the next few days, although the time of release in each region may vary slightly.
How to install Synology DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 2
You can download the Synology DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 2 from the Synology Download Center or by logging into your Synology dashboard and going to: Control Panel > System > Update & Restore.