Just the other day we had a Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard physical server that needed to be P2V’ed, and after trying to use VMware Converter Standalone 6.1.1 we ran into the error message “Permission to perform this operation was denied” after entering the source machine details.
Even after trying to start VMware Converter as “Run as administrator” the error persisted. Below is the workaround we performed to quickly allow us to P2V the physical server.
VMware has just announced that VMware Workstation 11 will be released as general availability come December 2014! VMware Workstation 11 will offer support for the latest version of Windows and Linux operating systems, running on the latest CPU’s and computer hardware while also now able to connect to VMware vCloud Air!
Horizon View 5.2 is receiving an update to 5.3! Doesn’t sound like much, but in that tiny dot number increase VMware has in fact brought a number improvements and features to Horizon View.
In a nut shell, some features Horizon View 5.3 brings is the ability to connect to a virtual desktop from any HTML5 capable web browser (yes, even Chromebook!), ability to bring full workstation class user experience with 3D graphics, deploy Windows Server 2008 as a desktop, as well as completely rewritten the Windows client with support for Windows 8.1 and a new iOS7 client too.
In more detail, Horizon View 5.3 brings…
VMware vSphere 6.0 has finally been released as GA on March 12th and with it out of beta I hope to post several “how-to” posts, this being the first on how to upgrade your vCenter Server Appliance from 5.1/5.5 to vCSA 6.0. So lets get started…
- vCSA 6.0 ISO downloaded and mounted or burned to disc.
- Installed Client Integration Plugin (located in the vcsa folder on the ISO).
VMware has released vSphere 6.0 Update 1, ESXi 6.0 U1 and updates for several other VMware products:
- VMware vCenter Server 6.0 Update 1 Release notes / Download
- VMware ESXi 6.0 U1 Release notes / Download
- VMware Data Protection 6.1 Update 1 Release notes / Download
- VMware Site Recovery Manager 6.1 Release notes / Download
- VMware vCloud Director 8.0 Release notes / Download
- VMware vRealize Automation 6.2.3 Release notes / Download
- VMware vRealize Operations Manager 6.1.0 Release notes / Download
- VMware vRealize Orchestrator Appliance 6.0.3 Release notes / Download
- VMware vSphere Data Protection 6.1 Release notes / Download
- VMware vSphere Replication 6.1 Release notes / Download
VMware Workstation 11 gets its first update with version 11.1.0 which adds support for VMware vCloud Air Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand and includes several bug fixes, linux guest fixes, and performance improvements.