Synology DSM 5.1-5021 update 2 released
Synology released DSM 5.1-5021 Update 2. This is a bug and vulnerability fix upgrade, such as upgrading NTP to version 4.2.8 to resolve multiple vulnerabilities. Other enhancements include stability on file-copying to USB drives as well as stability of QuickConnect connection to Surveillance Station.
Fixed Issues in DSM 5.1-5021 Update 2
- Fixed an issue where the failure of photo indexing may occur when usernames contain special characters.
- Upgraded BIOS to enhance SATA compatibility on RS3614xs and RS3614RPxs models.
- Enhanced stability on file-copying to USB drives.
- Upgraded NTP to version 4.2.8 to address multiple vulnerabilities (CVE-2014-9293, CVE-2014-9294, CVE-2014-9295, and CVE-2014-9296).
- Enhanced the stability of QuickConnect connection to Surveillance Station.
You can download the Synology DSM 5.1-5021 Update 2 from the Synology Download Center or by logging into your Synology dashboard and going to: Control Panel > System > Update & Restore.