Synology DSM 5.2-5592 Update 4
The new DSM 5.2-5592 Update 4 fixes several security vulnerabilities as well as the false-positive that the Antivirus was reporting in /usr/syno/bin/zip. In addition this update also fixes the issue where DSM cannot be updated after system recovery on certain models
Fixed Issues in DSM 5.2-5592 Update 4
- Restored the mandatory file (/usr/syno/bin/zip) that has been removed due to Antivirus Essential’s false-positive detection.
- Upgraded Apache HTTP Server to 2.2.31 to address one security vulnerability (CVE-2015-3183).
- Upgraded PHP to 5.5.28 to address two security vulnerabilities (CVE-2015-5589 and CVE-2015-5590).
- Fixed two security vulnerabilities to prevent cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks.
- Fixed a security vulnerability of PCRE library (ASA-201508-11).
- Fixed an issue where DSM cannot be updated after system recovery on certain models (DS2415+, DS1815+, DS1515+, RS815RP+, RS815+, DS415+).
How to install Synology DSM 5.2-5592 Update 4
You can download the Synology DSM 5.2-5592 Update 4 from the Synology Download Center or by logging into your Synology dashboard and going to: Control Panel > System > Update & Restore.