Recently got my hands on a Synology DS1819+ which offers a number of great features, one of which is the ability to support 32GB memory! Giving me more than plenty of resources for all kinds of Docker containers, virtual machines, and Synology applications.
In this quick guide I’ll detail how to upgrade your Synology DS1819+ to 32GB of RAM.
- Philips screwdriver
- Kingston KSM24SED8 RAM Modules
- Crucial 32GB kit (some users have reported issues with this brand)
How to upgrade DS1819+ memory to 32GB
- Power down and unplug your Synology DS1819+
- Next turn the NAS unit over and remove the two screws
- Remove the factory installed 4GB memory module.
- Now install the Kingston
Crucial 32GB kitmemory cards into the DS1819+.
- Finally re-install the memory cover on the bottom of the NAS and power it back on. It may take the DS1819+ a few minutes to completely load while it does its memory check the first time.
It’s that simple. I certainly like how easy it is to access the memory slots compared to older Synology NAS models. A very welcomed improvement indeed.