VMware Workstation 11 gets its first update with version 11.1.0 which adds support for VMware vCloud Air Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand and includes several bug fixes, linux guest fixes, and performance improvements.
VMware Workstation 11.1.0 Resolved Issues
- A Linux guest OS booted on EFI firmware sometimes failed to respond to the keyboard and mouse if any mouse motion occurred during a short window of time during OS boot.
- Outlook 2010 would occasionally crash when running in Unity mode.
- You could not compact or defragment a persistent disk.
- The UI sometimes crashed when a user copied and pasted a file between two Windows guests.
- Rendering corruption in UI elements in Fedora 20 guests with 3D enabled has been resolved.
- When creating a new virtual machine with SUSE Linux Enterprise (SLE) 12, the Easy Install path was not available.
What’s New in VMware Workstation 11.1.0
VMware Workstation 11.1.0 adds support for VMware vCloud Air Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand. Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand is a secure, pay-as-you-go, cloud computing service that is offered VMware which gives IT organizations a VMware compatible platform to create virtual machines, dynamically scale virtual machines and resources up or down, and pay for resources allocated.
- Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand provides on-demand resources with granular metering and usage-based billing.
- Resources are pool-based, allowing deployment of virtual machines with customized configurations.
- Costs are billed monthly only for the aggregate amount of resources consumed across all of your virtual machines.
- On-demand resources complement the subscription services for vCloud Air.