VMware has officially released vSphere 5.5 U1 which includes a number of improvements, fixes, and most excitedly the production ready version of VSAN!
- vCloud Hybrid Service vSphere Client Plug-in, is now available in vSphere Web Client.
- vCenter Server is now supported on Windows Server 2012 R2.
- A number of resolved issues
What products have been updated?
- ESXi 5.5 U1
- VMware vCenter Server 5.5 U1
- vSphere Replication 5.5.1
- vSphere Data Protection 5.5.6
- VMware vCenter Orchestrator appliance 5.5.1
- VMware vCloud Director 5.5.1
- VMware vCenter Operataions Manager Advanced 5.8.1
- VMware vCentere Hyperic 5.8.1 Server (and agent)
- VMware vCenter Site recovery manager 5.5.1
- VMware vCloud Application Director 6.0.1
The most exciting part of this update is VSAN! VMware VSAN, if you haven’t already heard, is a built-in the hypervisor storage feature that uses locally attached disk and SSD drives to create a storage pool across the entire cluster. No need for external NAS/SAN, appliances, or tools required!